Wednesday, August 6, 2014

MAC Lipstick in Giddy & Shy Shine

If you're as lucky as I am and live near The Cosmetic Company Store you will know that this is any Makeup Junkie's dream.  We're talking discounted pricing on MAC, Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Smashbox, YSL, all types of fragrences,  just to name a few.  Visiting one of these stores is hit or miss and each time I've visited there are different items all the time.  Almost like a Ross or Marshalls for cosmetics.  They had decent array of items for each brands and I noticed they sold discontinued MAC Collections.  I was also impressed to find to find things like the MACs infamous Mineral skin finish in Soft and Gentle among other shades.

I ended up picking up two Mac Lipsticks which I paid $10 each for.  I'll review and swatch them for you here


From left to right: MAC Shy Shine (lustre) & MAC Giddy (Lustre)

MAC's Shy shine is a beautiful pinky nude and is my favorite nude at the moment.  Its a pink without being too pink and muted enough to be called a nude.  It is a lustre finish and glides on effortlessly.  This has been my "go to" when I have no idea what to wear on lips.  

MAC's Giddy is also a lustre and compared to Shy Shine is pinky-er.   Because it is a lustre it goes on smoothly although is a little more opaque than Shy Shine.  

If you have the opportunity to visit this store I highly recommend it.  Is it worth making a special trip out for? That depends on if your looking for something specific.  As I mentioned the products change frequently and you never know what you will find.  I will say that it is worth checking out what MAC collections they have at discounted prices.

Thanks for visiting my page, comment below if you have visited one of these stores and what you've found.

XO,
Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment