Tuesday, July 22, 2014

NYX Baked Blushes

I can say I'm a blush addict but in all truth I love ALL Makeup. I know that I probably have duplicate colors in different brands and different finishes but I can't help it.  I need to try different brands, even if they look similar to my other ones.  Just like I have a ton of nude or red lippies, you can't just have one...or even five for that matter.  I'm sure all my fellow makeup addicts would agree.  

Here I will be swatching the NYX Baked Blushes.  I own 9 out of 12.  These are the baked blushes that NYX claims can be used as a blush, bronzer, or illuminator.  Because they are baked they can be used dry or wet (You can spray your brush with water for a more intensified color).  I never really go for a bold blush look so I can't imagine using these wet.  Therefore, the swatches provided are all dry.





Pink Fetish- hot pink, found it difficult to swatch, the brightest of the 9 I own




Foreplay- a very pretty coral color with a beautiful shimmer



Ladylike- light pink with shimmer




Spanish Rose- Another beautiful pink hue, a little darker than Ladylike




Journey- this appeared as a matte pink to me although the packaging stated this can be used as an illuminator.  I saw very little to no shimmer 




Wanderlust-This seemed matte at first but after inspecting a little closer there are tiny goldflecks.  Not enough for me to be considered an illuminator but definitely not a true matte





Solstice- This was a very pretty bronzer color to me.  This would add beautiful color to achieve that sun kissed look.  Gorgeous, although because of the shimmer could not used to contour





Chiffon- Somedays you just don't feel like wearing pink blush right?  This is a beautiful bronzer type color with a mauve or pink undertone.  Beautiful color




Sugar Mama- Probably my least favorite of the bunch, you can hardly see it on my skin tone.  This would probably be gorgeous on someone of fairer skin tone or even used as a highlighter on someone of darker complexion.  I'm usually a NC 40-42 in MAC for reference.



Here all of them swatched side by side so you can compare
From left to right: Pink Fetish, Foreplay, Ladylike, Spanish Rose, Journey, Wanderlust, Solstice, Chiffon, Sugar Mama

For the price point these are ok.  They retail for about $7.  I got these on ulta when they were having their 40% off sale plus I also got them buy one get one half off.  Had there not been the sale going on I probably would not have purchased as many as I did.  I will say that the majority did swatch chalky but when applied with a brush on your face they look quite beautiful.  I should also mention that when first swatched, or even touched, they have this hard outer film.  I'm not sure what was up with that but after you buff or remove that outer layer you do get better pigmentation of the product.    They do provide beautiful, natural color to your face with a very pretty hint of shimmer.  I personally, LOVE shimmer and highlighter so I always add a separate highlighter.  They are not very long lasting.  After applying these in the morning I did have to reapply in the afternoon.  Not that big a deal to me as I was home, and am never really out of the house all day.  I wouldn't wear these to work my 12 hour shifts as they wouldn't last that long.

All in all as mentioned they were ok,  I probably won't be purchasing the other 3 and probably won't repurchase.  

Thanks for visiting my page, let me know what you think of these.

XO, Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment