Thursday, June 12, 2014

June Ipsy Bag review


Although, I am on a "No Buy",  I did receive my Ipsy bag at the beginning of this week.  The bag was, OK, and definitely a step up from last month's bag.  My products came in a tropical REBECCA MINKOFF for IPSY bay.  Wasn't too fond of the print but I guess the name makes up for it.  The theme this month was Pretty in Paradise.  I received 4 items: NYX Butter gloss in Apple Strudel, Be a Bombshell Lash Out mascara, Jesse's girl waterproof liquid eyeliner in black, and the Marc Anthony Dream Waves Beach Spray.




Jesse's Girl Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner
I was excited to receive this eyeliner since I have heard so many Beauty Gurus saying it is as good as some of the high end brands out there.  To me it was "okay".  Would I purchase it?  Probably not.  It wasn't as black as I like and did not go on as smoothly.  I actually like the Physicians Formula one a little better.



NYX Butter Gloss in Apple Strudel
I do own other colors of Butter Glosses and was happy when I saw this in my ipsy bag. The color is pretty but when applied on the lips sheered out quite a bit.  Probably will look better with a lipstick underneath.  It does feel "buttery" and moisturizing on the lips and I like it for that.


The be a bombshell mascara wasn't anything special.  You can see in the pic that it did lengthen and slightly volumize but it didn't separate my lashes as good as I would of liked.  I think a lot of it has to do with the brush which seemed pretty cheap and sparse.  It was ok, I probably won't purchase, and probably will never end up using it.

I didn't get a chance to review the beach spray but it smelled nice.  I'll give it a shot the next time I go for that beachy wave look.

All in all I was satisfied with my bag.  The eyeliner I'll probably end up using ( I also had it on in the pic of my lashes), the gloss is perfect for when I'm running out of the house and need a little color, but like I said the mascara I'll probably get rid of.  

Thanks again for visiting my page!

No comments:

Post a Comment