Monday, June 30, 2014

Makeup No Buy Challenge FAIL!

If you haven't seen my first blog entry I started a Makeup no buy challenge around June 11th.  It has been so difficult to stick with this but I've been able to do it....up until last Saturday.  I lasted 16 days but to me if felt more like a month.  My husband and I were in San Francisco just hanging out watching  TV as I was browsing the Sephora app.  We were in town for the Gun Show at the Cow Palace and he offered to buy me something since he would be picking up a "few" things at the show.  I methodically justified this because he was paying for it and not me.  When I was done browsing he offered to just take me to Sephora instead of having to wait for my items to be shipped.  And that is exactly what happened.  We went to Sephora the next day and I ended up picking up more than I thought I was going to.  On our way home I felt sooo guilty and admitted that I cheated.  On that same note, I can't get myself to return my items.  I wanted to be honest with you, hold myself accountable, and confess on this blog.  Here were the items I ended up picking up...



Top Items:  Tarte Glow Beyond 500 pt beauty reward, Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo, Bumble and Bumble pret-a-powder, Too Faced Natural Eye Neutral Eye Shadow Collection, Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Push-Up Liner
Bottom Items: Sephora Collection Natural Resources:Everyday Eye Brush Set, Urban Decay Naked Flushed in Strip, 2014 VIB Rouge Renewal Gift, Benefit Cosmetics Big Beautiful Eyes, Makeup Forever Aqua eyes 100 point Beauty Reward, Too Faced Candlelight Glow Highlighting Powder Duo, and Sephora Collection Lips in Bloom Glossy Lip Pencil Trio



Tarte Glow Beyond 500 pt beauty reward



Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo



Bumble and Bumble pret-a-powder



Too Faced Natural Eye Neutral Eye Shadow Collection



Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Push-Up Liner



Sephora Collection Natural Resources:Everyday Eye Brush Set



Urban Decay Naked Flushed in Strip



2014 VIB Rouge Renewal Gift



Benefit Cosmetics Big Beautiful Eyes


Too Faced Candlelight Glow Highlighting Powder Duo


Sephora Collection Lips in Bloom Glossy Lip Pencil Trio



I will continue the No Buy Makeup Challenge until July 31st.  I realize I have had a slip up and I hope that I will able to finish this Challenge.  I know it sounds silly but this really is a challenge for me.  I think the reason I have such a hard time with holding back is because I feel like I deserve it.  I know they are just material items but I feel like I bust my A$# every day, take care of my 4 boys, my husband, work, and they are gifts to myself.  I contribute to the household and feel that buying gifts for myself is ok.  I just need to calm down a little.  Makeup and shopping are my vices.

Comment below on what your vice is. I would love to hear from you, especially the mamas out there, and what you do to reward yourself.

Thanks for visiting my page.  I will have reviews of items purchased soon.  Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment