Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Kat Von D Eyeshadow Palettes

 It wasn't until I started playing with my Kat Von D Monarch palette that I realized I have a total of 7 of her eyeshadow palettes.  The quality of her palettes are amazing and I do feel that each palette is quite different from the next.  Her palettes are extremely pigmented.  Although, there are a few colors that are chalky and have quite a bit of fall out.  All in all, I recommend them and even the shadows that are chalky or have fall out, you can work with.  I believe these are only sold at Sephora.  Lets take a look at each palette and swatches.....



Monarch Eyeshadow Palette
This is a warm toned palette including 3 large base shades and nine smaller eyeshadows.  The colors are gorgeous and they all work well with each other.  Ultra pigmented, some colors have fallout, but all in all my favorite palette of hers that I own.




from left to right: entomology, telepathy, tiny death, wrath, papilio, summerfly, killing jar, delaney, vanish, disintegration, shadow box, deadhead


True Romance Palette -Saint
This may be my 2nd favorite of my Kat Von D Palettes.  It includes a range of frosty creams and pinks and browns.  It almost reminds me of the Naked 3 Palette.  I've created very soft almost whimsical eye looks with this as well as a smokey brown look.  The first two shadows do have quite a bit of fall out.




from left to right: heavens, enjoy the silence, <3, downtown, sunny, pray for me, bookworm, caravaggio



True Romance Eyeshadow Palette-Ladybird 
When this palette came out,  I knew I had to have it.  It includes eight beautiful eyeshadows...all of them Matte.  The colors are extremely pigmented and easy to work with.  My favorite of the  eyeshadows has to be cleopatra which is a gorgeous, kind of, burnt orange.




From left to rigth: fur elise, vespertine, renholder, siouxsie-sioux, unrequited, harlow, wolf, cleopatra



True Romance Palette-Metal Orchestra
Probably my least favorite of the bunch, I'm not even really sure why I bought this.  I never really wear silver on my eye or blue for that matter.  Nonetheless, If you are into blues these blues are beautiful.  Very sparkly but beautiful.  The silver cream shadow did dry up on me and is useless at this point.



From left to right: first class, techno, thrasher, dagger, lucifer, glock, razor gray, slayer (cream)


True Romance Eyeshadow palette-poetica
Another beautiful palette, I probably would have bought this for the third color alone (chandler a pearlized copper). Gorgeous gorgeous colors and it was surprising how nicely the purples went with the copper color.  Couldn't pass this one up!






From left to right: Forgiveness, sand timer, chandler, tijuana, wonderland, skiba, babe, you alone

True Romance Mini Eyeshadow Palette
This was a holiday palette of four eyeshadows, Beautiful browns, a gorgeous gold, and rich cranberry shadow.  Again, I had to have it.  I believe this was limited edition and not currently sold at sephora.




Top left to right: fallen, unrequited
Bottom: pagan poetry, hermit

True Romance Mini Eyeshadow Palette
Art of Elysium -Kimberly
Kat Von D designed this mini palette in collaboration with the Art of Elysium which is a charity that provides inspiration to children battling serious medical conditions.  Gorgeous colors and when I saw this online I did not hesitate.  Unfortunately, when swatched the colors were not as pigmented as her other palettes.  



Top from left to right: believer, shakespeare
bottom: rad purple, dorian gray


I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of Kat Von D's makeup.  I have to admit I was a bit skeptical.  Her eyeshadows are amazing.  I have also tried her liquid eyeliner, and foil lipsticks.  Again, great quality.  I look forward to whatever else she may come out with.  One of my favorite brands to stalk at Sephora.

Thank You so much for visiting my page!


No comments:

Post a Comment